CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 28, 2008

Thought I'd blog today since I haven't since Tuesday. :) I've just been a busy bee and had lots going on. Wednesday I wasn't feeling very good so I just pushed myself til the day was over. Thursday was just non-stop, only worked 1/2 a day so that was tense trying to get everything finished before I left. I had an eye doctors appointment, and I got back to Greenwood in time to stop by the social security office. That didn't work out because I hadn't gotten my drivers licenses change. So I asked my eye doctor if he would not dilate my eyes because I needed to go to the Highway Department. Well because I've been having problems he said the best thing he could ever do would be to dilate my eyes. :( Well I have vitreous floaters in my right eye and he didn't seem concerned he said that he thought my problem was a type of migraine. (Not sure if I really understood that or not because I haven't had any headaches.) So he said I wouldn't need to come back for two year. :) So I left there and headed to the DMV to have my drivers licenses changed so that I could get back to the social security office before they closed at 4. I left there and went and got Meagan to drive me around ... she had sent me a text while I wasn't able to see telling me she had something important to tell me. I had the bank left to have my name changed so she drove me to the bank (had no problems there getting new checks and new check card), Alltel, and the Skate-a-way USA (the last two places were totally awkward for me).

Well when I picked up Meagan she was able to go into more detail with me about what was going on. Oh boy was I just like oh my what am I going to do. How am I going to handle this? I wanted to make sure that I handled this correctly which I knew would not be something easy at all. I just prayed that the Lord would give me the wisdom and the right words to say to the people that I would have to talk with. So my first stop was Alltel and they weren't much help to me at all. Thank goodness I have a friend that knew how to do this that gave me the information that I needed to block numbers from my sons cell phone. Well I went online to Alltel this morning and in one spot it tells you that can't be done but I kept looking and guess what I found. "How do I block unwanted text messages coming from phone numbers?" Now that is exactly what I asked them in the office and was told all text would have to be blocked ... well they were W R O N G ! ! ! Go figure. So that wasn't too bad, so now for the next few weeks or longer since I have my sons phone it will be monitored and I will block all numbers that send them text that he shouldn't be getting. :) Next was the first hard part of my evening. Now keep in mind my son doesn't know that I have his phone he thinks he has misplaced it. He has no clue what I've seen on his phone either. I counted the number of calls from him last night where he had called and he called my cell phone over 30 times. Got Meagan to drive me to the skating rink and I went inside to see if the person I needed to talk to was working and she wasn't they told me she would be in at 6. So I went nervously back to the car to wait and wait and wait, and she wasn't there at 6. I walked back inside and asked if she was still coming or if she wasn't going to make it and she was off even though she was scheduled to work. I told the guy that I really need to talk with her could he tell me how to get in touch with her. He said that he would call and tell her someone was there that was wanting to talk to her. So I got on the phone and told her that I needed to talk to her about our children (yes I said children not teens not adults but children) and I really wanted to do it in person could we meet some where. She was like just stay there I will be right there. Now I'm a nervous WRECK by now ... trying to figure out how to talk to this parent and what I was going to say how to start it, but let me tell the Lord was right there with me. They got there and had brought their children which they sent the younger one inside and I told the mom I would like to talk to just her without the child but she insisted that her daughter was going to listen to everything said. This was scary having to talk to the parents with the daughter there too. (Keep in mind I haven't talked with my son about this yet and wasn't sure how I was going to handle it) I simple just told them that I thought some of the text between the two kids was WAY out of line and I thought they should be aware of the text that my son received from their daughter. I told them I knew he had sent her some as well so it just wasn't her, and I would make sure that my son was punished as well and that he understood exactly why he was being punished. So we finished up talking, and I finally got home and still didn't have a clue how or what to say to my son. I decided that I thought it would be best if we went some where to talk instead of talking at home so we went out to eat. I hinted around on the way asking if anything was going on that we needed to talk about and he just acted like there was nothing going on. So we got to where we were going to eat went inside and ordered our drinks and food and I kept at Matthew. He still didn't really want to tell me anything so I finally told him ... You know your phone isn't missing I've got your phone and I have been in shock at somethings that I have seen on your phone. So now do you want to share anything with me about what is going on? Man let me tell you this was a very hard conservation to have with him in fact he told me he wasn't comfortable talking to me about stuff like this. Oh well he better get use to it!!! So without going into anymore details about I think we have things settled for now, that is until the next time something comes up. I do plan on having weekly chats with him to see if there is anything he needs to share with me or that we need to talk about. :)

So far my day to day has gone very well, but then again today isn't over with. I am praying for an uneventful weekend. :) Can you blame me??? Not sure what I'm doing tonight or tomorrow but Sunday I have church and Life Group. I'm looking forward to the Life Group this time. :-) If its pretty tomorrow I might try to clean my car up I couldn't tell you the last time it was cleaned. The pollen is out and my car looks awful!! I can't blame the pollen for the entire car because the inside is full of trash!!! My son had gotten up 3 wal-mart sacks a few weeks ago and they are still in the car too. So tomorrow morning I think we will get up get all the trash up in the house then the car so we can go to the land fill before it closes. Yes I have a green box but for one bag of household trash I think it's a waste to take it around front. Who knows I may just take it around front this coming week.

Well I guess it's time to stop here for today, and as usual I doubt I'll blog the weekend.

God is Good, He is still in Control and He is Worthy to be Honored and Praised!!!

0 comments: