CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

April 24, 2008
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book.

— Irish Proverb

This is the devotion I got today from Purpose Driven Life and I wanted to share it on my blog.
Loving Difficult People
2008/04/24

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:18 (NIV)

*** *** *** ***

When asked what he considered the most valuable skill in employees, the financier John D. Rockefeller replied, “The ability to get along with people!”

One of the most important skills we can develop as we walk with Christ is knowing how to love troublemakers. If you learn how to interact with difficult people, then you’ll be able to pour your energy into areas of ministry rather than constantly putting out fires of conflict.

Here are four methods Jesus modeled when he encounter difficult people:

1. Realize you can’t please everybody. Even God can’t do that! Refuse to play games (Matthew 22:18).

2. Learn to say no to unrealistic expectations. Confront them by “telling the truth in love.”

3.NEVER retaliate (Matthew 5:38-39). It only lowers you to their level.

4.Pray for them (Matthew 5:44). It will help both of you. Let God speak to them.

Well today is my Friday. :) I'm keeping it a surprise ... going to pull Matthew's leg this afternoon or tomorrow morning one. :) He asked me on Tuesday if I'd take Friday off, so when I got to work yesterday I asked my boss and he said that would be fine. I'm hoping to get in at least an extra hour of sleep in the morning. :) I think we will have our normal bedtime routine that way he will get up in the morning. Got to really give this some thought as to how I'm going to do it. :)
I plan on walking this evening but haven't made up my mind yet where that will take place. I'm also thinking that I'm going to start doing some sit-ups and crunches in the afternoons as well. My pants are so tight that I can hardly breathe today. :( I keep telling myself I've got to buckle down and so far I haven't but I'm really going to have to do something because I really don't want to go buy work clothes. :( Think I'll start weighing in every week and writing down and that should give me the boost I need ... or at least I hope it will. :)
Well guess I'll stop here and will try to blog sometime this weekend. ;) Maybe try to go get some memory for my computer so it will actually let us do something. My son and I get so mad at that STUPID COMPUTER!!! In fact I think that's why I get behind on my craft emails because I don't check them at home on the weekends.
God is Good, He is Still in Control, and He is worthy to be Honored and Praised!!!

0 comments: