CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Well I'm at home today sick, got up in a mess with lots of pain so I took a pain pill and went back to bed. My mom called at 7:30 and I was sound asleep (I think that's the best sleep I'd had in two days). Now it's 4:15 in the afternoon, I'm still in pain but decided I wanted to blog so here I am. I had thought of several things last night I wanted to blog about today so I'm going to try my best to remember what all it was. (Guess I need to email myself with my thoughts when I have them while I'm not at the computer ... I think old age is setting in)
I know I've shared in a previous blog that the day I had court a friend had sent me a text with some scriptures and that I had looked them up and picked one out. Well the verse I picked out was Deuteronomy 31:6 for those who don't remember which one it was. :) The others he shared were Psalm 91:4 and 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 if anyone is interested in knowing which scriptures he sent to me. Now I've been doing lots of reading in my Bible and for the past week and 1/2 been reading some Joyce Meyer books (which I have blogged about). Now when I read one of her books I will take note cards and jot down scriptures and notes that I think I may want to read back over. :) (I'm always writing something on a note card :)) Well it hit me all of a sudden last night while I was reading to look back over my note cards from "The Battle Belongs to the Lord" (I've loaned this book to a friend at work to take on a trip with her ... she left this morning going to Florida) wasn't sure why I need to look back over my note cards I was trying to read the "Battlefield of the Mind". So I stopped and got my index cards out and was looking over my notes and the scriptures that I had written down. Two things really just stood out to me that I had written down (on my note card #3) 1.) Numbers 21:8 I had written beside this scripture "Begin to Worship God because He is Good, and His goodness will be released in your life. Remember, the battle belongs to the Lord". 2.) Deuteronomy 31:6-8 ... I'm guessing these were the things I was suppose to see while I was trying to read last night I had just started reading a chapter called "Little by Little" which was talking about Condemnation and about not getting Discouraged. After I had looked through my note cards I started the chapter on "Be Positive" [which was kind of funny because my walking partner had called to tell me we couldn't walk and I told him that was fine because I probably didn't need to walk (now I had already gotten ready to walk was going to make myself walk)]. After I hung up the phone I started back reading and I just died laughing .... It was talking about All Things Work for Good see Romans 8:28. Then I read "In Romans 12:16 the Apostle Paul tells us to readily adjust ourselves to people and things. The idea is that we must learn to become the kind of person who plans things but who doesn't fall apart if that plan doesn't work out." I guess if you don't get what I just wrote about then you just had to be there or be me. LOL
Well I'm going to go get my shower and see how I am feeling ... I really want to go to church tonight but not sure if I will get there or not. I got my shower and now I'm back at my desk. I'm debating church ... I really want to go and I'm leaning that way ... maybe if I go it will make me feel some what better. That is if my son doesn't drive me crazy before it's time to leave for church. We are fussing about food he put in the trash can to make the house smell and I'm still mad at him about the toilet paper I bought for his bathroom on Monday evening that is still sitting in the floor except for now instead of the middle of the kitchen floor it's sitting at his bathroom door. Enough of that ... maybe I'll just add some more scriptures for him to write down for me. His report card came today but it's at my moms so I won't get to see it until tomorrow. He hasn't really said anything about his grades so I'm not sure what is in store for me when I open it.
Well I'm going to get up from here it's right at 6 and seeing how I didn't work today I don't have any makeup on and I need to fix my hair too.

God is Good, He is still in Control and He is Worthy to be Honored and Praised!!!

0 comments: